Monday, April 07, 2008

We Believe! Well at least I do...



It's that time of year again when your team either packs their high tops and jerseys for a playoff road trip or board shorts and sunblock for summer in Baha.

I think if I was a player, spending May and June on the beach would be fairly tempting after six months of being pummeled in the paint. You could hardly be blamed for tanking the season could you? Plus your club gets the added bonus of a lottery pick. Not a bad deal really.

But then I'd probably come to my senses and remember the atmosphere inside the Oracle Center last year, when the Warriors and their fans recreated the Great Western Forum from 1987. That was playoff basketball at its best. Warriors 4 - Mavericks 2: and all because we believed.

Can they do it again? Here's hoping. The last five games of the regular season will play out this week with the Warriors still stuck in 9th. I think if they can take down the ridiculously overachieving Denver Nuggets we may just be treated to some high octane Golden State playoff basketball once again.

No comments: