Tuesday, April 01, 2008

What a great catch...I think...

I could actually visualize Melky Cabrera's against-the-wall catch today...amazing, I know.

I just listened to the Jays vs Yankees game on MLB.com Audio, the first time i've tuned into a radio call in a while. And what a refreshing change it was. Not only was the call on the Jays' Fan 590 as solid as it gets but the beautiful simplicity of listening to sports on the radio once again was, well, like music to my ears.

Sure, there's nothing like sinking your backside into a well-worn couch, chewing through a bag of pretzels and taking in a game on a giant LCD screen. But to shake things up a bit, I wholeheartedly endorse rediscovering the radio call.

For some people, I'm sure this is no revelation - perhaps you listen to ball games in the car or at the desk at work. But for those who've forgotten all about the old wireless amidst the plasmas, i-pods and pay per views, do yourself a favour. The radio game is still a treat, even when your team loses 3-2 on opening day.

No comments: